20070424

Another area closing

A more familiar sight than the JUC just closed up shop, according to the Metro this morning - Harvard Square's Greenhouse officially closed yesterday (without prior warning, I think). The owner died, and I guess that spells the end of the place. I was never a regular, but I went occassionally with friends to drink copious amounts of coffee, and to eat cake and greasy food. It was a great spot, and a familiar Harvard Square sight. The property manager says that there are a few "exciting options" for the space...I recall that the same thing was said about the Virgin Records spot, and now we have the impending arrival of Best Buy. I'll reserve judgement, though, you never know.

Also, the Fresh Pond "99" is closing. What's next, Ma Magoo's?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home