20071104

Jeveli's Lounge - Terminal J

Last night I went with S. to Jeveli's over in Day Square, where I've never been to despite living in Eastie for 2+ years (wow, has it really been that long?). It took us a while to figure out whether to go to the Dining Room or the Lounge, and settled on the Lounge. It's a very comfortable, familiar-feeling place. Very friendly, too. There were a few TV's around, but they weren't very distracting, and the noise level was low - very easy to carry on a conversation during dinner. I ordered the Penne Rigate with Sausages, and the waitress had no idea what I was talking about. After saying it a few times I pointed to it and she said "Oh, you mean Ziti with Sausages. I always call it ziti." We all got a good laugh out of that, and within a couple of minutes our salads were served, which were composed mostly of iceberg lettuce and lots of dressing. Mainly I tasted the dressing, but that was fine since the dressing (peppercorn) was really tasty. The bread we got was pretty standard, and handily soaked up my fine glass of merlot. The main dish was good, and the sausages were plentiful. It's hard for me to describe standard Italian pasta dishes, because generally they're pretty standand no matter where you go, even in the North End (for non-standard Italian dishes, I highly recommend Pomodoro on Hanover St. in the North End. For amazing standard Italian pasta dishes I highly recommend Vinny's at Night on Broadway in East Somerville). And this is no different - but the convivial atmosphere at Jeveli's is really what makes it special, and the fact that they call it "Terminal J" is cool (there are pictures of planes lining the panel above the bar). If you're looking for decent but standard Italian food and a great place to to hang and chat, get over to Jeveli's Lounge today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home