20061025

Long-neglected album reconsidered

Four years ago I bought an album by Glifted that I listened to about twice, and decided I didn't like it too much. I was, and still am, a big fan of the band Hum, and this was a side project of that band's guitarist, Tim Lash. After years of meaning to give it another listen, and Jeff giving the album major props on several occassions, I dusted the album off this morning and it's currently in its fourth (fifth?) spin on my computer CD player this morning. It's a very dark, thick, moody, crunchy, spacey, riffy album. Is this what they call shoegazer? I remember hating the vocals on the album back in the day, but now they sound great. At any rate, it's a lot better than I remember it being, and it's excellent to listen to with a morning cup of coffee. At first I didn't think the tracks flowed together very well, but it gets better with each listen. It's kind of post-grunge with keyboards, or something. It's a great album for the Halloween season - that's probably one of the reasons I'm loving it right now - it's ripe for the fall!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home