20071107

Eating like a champion


Last night I was at the Texas Roadhouse in Everett for L.'s birthday, and one of the folks there paid with an official Red Sox credit card. The waiter returned to the table with the credit cards asking who paid with the Sox card (I was thinking, "Uh oh, it's been declined...") - because Sox pitcher Manny Delcarmen was eating with a crowd at the table next to us, and the waiter offered to ask him to autograph the front of the card! Sure enough, I look over and there's Manny Delcarmen, whooping it up with his folks. So the waiter brings back the signed card, and we're all like, "Wow, Manny Delcarmen! Wow! How about that!" On my way out I wanted to tell him congratulations on the World Series, but he was pretty caught up chatting with his peeps. It's pretty cool that he signed the card. Go Sox!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home