20071108

Who reads the Weekly Dig?

That's the question I asked myself after reading their 2007 Dig This Issue. The category that caught my attention was "Hamburger". For most locals, best hamburger is usually a choice between Mr. & Mrs. Bartley's and R.F. O'Sullivan's (I'm partial to R.F.'s, the most amazing burgers ever to grace the Earth). NEITHER of them were among the winner or the runners-up. Unbelieveable! The winner was a place called Uburger somewhere near BU (which according to the description specializes in tasty burgers for people on the go), so I can only assume that a huge chunk of the readership is BU students. I used to love the Dig, but it hasn't been even mediocre since they ditched the border and went glossy and all topical on the covers. After reading the new Dig This results I'm hating the rag even more. I'm practically out of reasons to take the effort to read it, but they do still have Savage Love, and that's a big plus.

4 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Oh, but UBurger is actually really really good. Perhaps your friends don't mention it as a fave because most of your friends get hives when they go south of the Charles?

Mind you, this is not a vote for or against the Weekly Dig, just a vote for UBurger and occasional daring ventures into Boston...

5:23 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'll have to try UBurger sometime, but can't imagine it even approaching the level of O'Sullivan's. Incidentally, neither O'Sullivan's or Bartley's were even on the Dig voting list for this category, which is absolute blasphemy. Who makes up the lists for the categories?

9:26 AM  
Blogger Ms. Cavicchio said...

i've heard some people don't like the thickness of RF's and the noise at Bartley's. I've been meaning to try Uburger; i've heard it's good.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow! I've always thought of the RF burger's thickness as one of its *good* attributes!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home