20071115

Walking really is (almost) faster

I've often thought that it makes more sense to get off the Green Line at Park Street and walk to Aquarium on my way home to Eastie. Not only is it a scenic city walk by day or by night, but it always seemed to me that it may actually be a quicker way to get to Aquarium (along with the added bonus of exercise). So the other night I left Park Street Station and walked at a comfortable pace until I was halfway down State Street. On my way I saw a historic plaque, and of course I had to read it...so I stopped for a couple of minutes to try to make out what it said, but could only see that it had something to do with John Winthrop and the first house in Boston, but it was too dark to read the details. On my merry way again, I soon bumped into a guy looking for directions, and giving them to him took a minute or two. Eventually I made it to the Aquarium platform a couple of minutes before the train arrived, and who should pass me by as he's leaving the train but one of the people who was on my Green Line train at Park Street Station. It goes to show you - if you can, you might as well just walk. You can even stop along the way and still make as good time as the T.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see you're blogging again.

I generally consider my morning walk across the Common and the Public Garden to be the highlight of my day.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home